Here are seven quick, hand-picked links I thought you might find helpful:
1) Have you been thinking of starting or growing an Etsy business? Alicia Shaffer’s company, ThreeBirdNest, earns nearly $1 million a year on the site, selling handmade leg-warmers, scarves, and headbands.
2) Whether you’re just starting a new creative endeavor or have been at it for a while, you owe it to yourself to consider Seth Godin’s 16 questions for creative entrepreneurs.
Once you examine your motives and what drives you (as well as what holds you back), your creative pursuit becomes much clearer and easier to navigate.
3) Agnese Aljena believes the world needs art more than ever. The more time artists have to spend on creating, the better. That’s why she outlined these seven steps to becoming a full-time artist.
4) Would you like a simple way to be more productive, optimistic, and empowered? This YouTube video delivers a pep talk on the Power of Questions — and how you can apply it to your creative pursuits, personal goals, and your life.
5) Lena Danya is a full-time visual artist with more than 270,000 YouTube subscribers and an impressive online audience. Lucky for us, she shares her best advice for artists who want to get their work out there and build a following on social media.
6) You probably have more promotion ideas than you know what to do with. The trick is taking those random concepts and crafting them into a concrete marketing plan — one you can wrap your brain around and actually act on!
This podcast offers guidance on creating a marketing plan for your art, music, writing, and more.
7) Barney Davey believes in the power of people connections for artists. Check out his five reasons networking can rocket your visual art career.
Wanna get TOP 7 lists like this sent to your inbox every week?
Thanks for all you do to express your creativity and share it with the world!
For More Inspiration …
Here are three more resources that will power up your creative juices and help you thrive as an artist:
The Passion Principles
101 Ways to Express Your Creativity and Share It With the World
The Empowered Artist
A Call to Action for Musicians, Writers, Visual Artists, and Anyone Who Wants to Make a Difference With Their Creativity
The DIY Career Manifesto
The Unconventional Guide to Turning Your Talents and Know-How into a Profitable Business